- Established in 1999, MIOT (Madras Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology) International is a multi-specialty hospital accredited with NABL and NABH.
- It is the first hospital in India to have a 750 HD CT scan with dual-energy imaging.
- Started as a center for orthopedics, it has now become multi-specialty dealing with neurosurgery, cardiology, thoracic and cardiovascular care, nephrology, oncology, knee replacement, hip-replacement surgery, plastic surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, craniofacial and cosmetic surgery, and more.
- Spread across 14-acres, the hospital has bagged many awards, including Niryat Shree Gold Award in 2002 and 2009; FIEO Niryat Shree Bronze Trophy 2008; FIEO Southern Region Export Excellence Award 2012 – 2013, 2013 – 2014 and 2015 – 2016.
- The hospital also won Best Multispecialty Hospital in Chennai, Best Hospital for Orthopedics, Best Hospital for Gastro and Gastro surgery and Best Hospital for Nephrology by Times of India.
- In 2013, MIOT Institute of Hematology, Hemato-Oncology and BMT performed the first T- Replete Haplo Identical Bone Marrow Transplant in India.
- Team and Specialities
- It has 300 full-time doctors and internationally-trained surgeons across 63 specialties.
- The hospital received nearly 3,500 foreign patients every year, contributing 25 percent of the hospital’s patients.
- This 1000-bed hospital offers quaternary care across 63 specialties.
- MIOT International has a path-breaking structure that offers patients with every convenience.
- The campus has extensive planting of trees and rooms have views of greenery.
- There are separate entrances for outpatients, emergency, attendants and inpatients.
- It has 21-state-of-the-art operation theaters equipped with advanced technology and instrumentation required to perform the most complex procedures.
- The campus has four buildings, including 6600 sq. ft. lab, which is ranked 8th internationally, 21 operation theaters, 2 digital cardiac cath labs, 2 restaurants, 3 pharmacies, health club, salon, full-fledged blood bank and sophisticated imaging and diagnostic facilities.
4/112, Mount Poonamalle High Rd, Sathya Nagar, Manapakkam
- Distance: 8 KMs
- Time: 17 Minutes
- Distance: 4 KMs
- Time: 12 Minutes