New Delhi, India
- Established in 1981 by Dr. S. Padmavati, a leading Cardiologist in India, National Heart Institute, New Delhi, was the first heart institute launched in India.
- The hospital was inaugurated by the late Prime Minister, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, and today it is accredited by NABH and NABL.
- The institute provides different medical services such as Open Heart Surgeries, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Angiography, Angioplasties, etc.
- Since 1983, it has been recognized as a Collaborative Centre of WHO in Preventive Cardiology.
- 150 Public sector bodies, almost all the TPAs, and International Organisations like World Health Organisation & UNICEF are also impaneled with the National Heart Institute.
- Their core specialties are Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Internal Medicine, and allied specialties are Diabetology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery, Oncology, Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgery, etc.
- The institute is also recognized by the National Board for post-doctoral training in cardiology and cardiovascular & thoracic surgery.
- It is also an affiliate of the World Hypertension League and Heart Beat International.
Team and Specialities
- Highly qualified doctors and surgeons trained in India and abroad with rich experience in Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery are available round the clock.
- These doctors provide the highest standards of medical services with the latest technologies and equipment.
- They provide all kinds of closed and open heart surgeries such as coronary artery bypass surgery, off-pump bypass surgery (beating heart surgery), valve repair & replacement surgeries, aortic/carotid surgeries, congenital heart surgeries including blue babies, and minimally invasive (Keyhole) surgeries.
- The institute has a well-maintained infrastructure with modern Cath lab facilities where procedures like angiographies, angioplasties, stenting of the coronary arteries, valvotomies, correction of birth heart defects, etc., are carried out.
- Treatment rooms for minor dressings / suturing and Pathology sample collection rooms are available for outpatients.
- Wheelchairs are available on request.
- Patients can choose Double Room Category, Single Room Category, Deluxe Room Category, and Suite Room Category.
- The hospital team provides assistance for a smooth and hassle-free visit for international patients.
49 50 Community Center, East of Kailash, New Delhi
New Delhi 110065
- Distance: 16.2 KMs
- Time: 33 Minutes
- Distance: 12.7 KMs
- Time: 32 Minutes
- The nearest metro station to National Heart Institute in Delhi is a 7 min walk away.