- Founded in 1996, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre (RGCIRC) is one of the largest medical centers for cancer treatment in Asia.
- It has consistently ranked amongst Best Oncology Hospitals of India (Week – Nielsen Survey 2014, 2015, 2016) and has won various other awards such as Best Oncology Hospital in India (2014), Healthcare Leader Award (2014), and India’s Most Trusted Cancer Hospital (2016).
- This NABH accredited hospital has NABH accredited Blood Bank, NABL accredited laboratory, NABH Certificate for Nursing Excellence and NABH Green OT Certification.
- It is a project of Indraprastha Cancer Society and Research Centre.
- Started as 152 bedded hospital, now it is a 302-bedded hospital.
- The institute diagnoses and treats around 60,000 patients annually.
- This ISO:9001 and ISO:14001 certified institute has introduced electrical technology as a service called ‘Nanoknife’ in 2013.
- In 2016, a new cancer center was established in NitiBagh by the institute.
- It has North India’s first exclusive pediatric cancer care unit dedicated to care of teenagers and children with blood disorders and cancer.
- The institute has executed strategic alliances with internationally famous institutes such as Thomas Jefferson University. Due to this, this institute is counted into a global league of selected hospitals pioneering in new approaches to treat cancer.
Team and Specialities
- The Institute has 100+ consultant, 150+ resident doctors, 500+ nursing staff and 150+ paramedical technicians.
- It offers super specialized tertiary care services in Surgical, Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- It is one of the few centers in the world providing cutting edge diagnostic technologies, minimal invasive surgery, targeted treatment, chemotherapies, radiotherapy and prevention.
- The center offers best techniques such as Intra-Operative Brachytherapy, whole-body robotic surgery, True Beam, Frequency Ultrasound, PET – MRI fusion, High Tomosynthesis and Nucleic Acid Testing.
- It offers advanced diagnostic & imaging techniques, including Circulating Tumor Cell testing, PET CT, and Next Generation Sequencing.
- Spanned in an area of 200,000 square feet area, this medical center has 57 consultation rooms spread on three floors, 8 state-of-the-art modular Operation Theatres and 2 minor operation theatres for day care surgeries.
- OTs has three stage air filtration and gas scavenging systems.
- The medical ICU has 11 beds and surgical ICU has 27 beds.
- The center has Thyroid Ward, Leukemia Ward, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, and MUD Transplant Unit.
- The hospital provides ambulance service and has two ATM machines, cafeteria, international help desk, prayer room, luggage room, a playroom for pediatric patients, pharmacy and devotional music is played.
- The centre provides variety of inpatient accommodations, including Deluxe Suite, Deluxe Room, Private Room, Semi-Private Room, 4-bedded room and general ward.
Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector – 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini
New Delhi 110085
- Distance: 30 KMs
- Time: 58 Minutes
- Distance: 450 Meters
- Time: 3 Minutes